Truro Health Park incorporates a range of arts installations which resulted from a programme of community engagement which was linked to an Arts for Health project to involve the community in the design and development of the building.
Community 1st Cornwall, NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly and blue sky architects worked with Arts for Health Cornwall (AFHC) on the project which aimed to:
• Assist in the creation of an innovative and high-quality environment
• Integrate the historical and aspirational elements of health services in Truro
• Promote community accessibility and involvement
• Create an environment that demonstrates how creativity and the arts contribute to improving health and wellbeing
The project resulted in a number of arts interventions:
• Blu Tri-Veru, a suspended dichroic glass sculpture at one entrance
• Coloured Sails, a 2-piece suspended lighting installation at the second entrance
• Design for flooring and walls in public areas
• Glass sculptures and planting in two internal courtyards
• Landscaping and planting in external courtyard
Please see a booklet which gives more details of the project and the resulting art installations.